Monday, January 3, 2011

the holiday season, and whoop de doo

First two pictures: ruffle-top dress, Francesca's; tights, Express; black leather flats, Guess; gifted cultured pearl studs. Third picture: grey ruffle top, Old Navy. Fourth and fifth pictures: one-shoulder ruffle dress, Forever 21; red quilted cross-body bag, vintage Chanel. Last picture: dolman sleeve striped sweater, Gap; rope of faux pearls, borrowed from a friend... 2 years ago.

 As I mentioned in my last post, I'm really going to miss the sparkle and dressed-up spirit this holiday season ushers in. I spent November and December traipsing around Chicago in ruffle-y tops and dresses, shiny hair, and accessories that I have been yearning to pull out of my closet all year, especially black on black tights and this red Chanel bag that I've had since high school (found in a scummy rummage store for $14!). I can't wait to see what accessories will become special mainstays in my wardrobe rotation in 2011.

My 4-day mini break has been pretty low-key, and staying in this vein, today I'm lounging around in leggings -- online apartment hunting, scooping all my holiday clothing and gifts off my floor, and watching the Pretty Little Liars marathon, in anticipation for the return of PLL and Greek (eee!).

Have a good return to the real world this week, everyone. Be excellent to each other!

No comments:

Post a Comment