Saturday, January 15, 2011

Auld Lang Syne

My mom's decorations from the 2010 Holiday Season. First picture: a wreath from a local florist. Second picture: pines swathed in lights along our front walk. Third picture: our mantel on Christmas morning. Fourth picture: Santa's excellent gift-wrapping. Fifth picture: Our REAL tree (a very happy moment for me every year, following the fake tree crying incident of 2001), complete with the ribbon wrap we use every year and a thumb print reindeer I made in preschool.

Yes, I know Christmas is over, but with the the only thing on my mind being moving out, getting my own apartment, and having my own things, decorating my place for Christmas 2011 has me excited already. My mom always does such a fantastic job decorating for the Holiday Season (very necessary to capitalize this), and it keeps me feeling festive way before and far after New Years. 

I'll admit that it's a bit far in advance, but the post-Christmas sales have let me stock up on decorations, ornaments, and even Christmas cards for 75% off. I hit up Target, Pier 1 Imports, and our local garden and home decor store, Pasquesi, and procured (I knew my $3 English major words would come in handy somewhere) some cheap decorations that I'm eager to put up as soon as the 2011 Holiday Season begins. Now I just have to find that apartment. 

BE, xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment